Skip to main content
Resources in Medical Humanities
Archives and Libraries
- Historical Anatomies on the Web: National Library of Medicine (NLM) digital project designed to give access to high quality images from important anatomical atlases in the Library's collection.
- Images from the History of Medicine (IHM): Provides access to over 70,000 images in the collections of the History of Medicine Division (HMD) of the U.S National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Medical Heritage Library: curated, open access collection of thousands of historical resources in medicine, including medical rare books, pamphlets, journals, and films. Access via MHL and Internet Archive.
- Medical Historical Library, Yale University: access to books, manuscripts, artifacts, ephemera, art, drawings and posters. Digital materials under Digitized Collections.
- MEDSpace Digital Repository, Duke University: A collection of items from Duke's Historical Images in Medicine (HIM) database. Included are digitized versions of Georg Bartisch's Ophthalmodouleia, Das ist Augendienst (1583), The Four Seasons (17th Century), Dr. Howard T. Stewart's album of eminent physicians and scientists (mid-19th Century), and a collection of over 500 medically-related bookplates.
- Wellcome Library: major resource for images, published and unpublished documents, journals, art, and databases in the medical humanities. Grant funding for the medical humanities through the Wellcome Trust.
Directories, Databases, Blogs
Major Research Centers
Journal of Medical Humanities
Medical Humanities (journal)