Skip to main content
Afro-Latin American Research Institute
- Cuban America
Data and reports from the Cuban Research Institute at Florida International University.
- Cuba On-Line A full-text, searchable database that contains current economic, demographic, political, historical and business information on Cuba. From the Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies of the University of Miami.
Some Basic Works
- Afro-Latin America, 1800-2000
- George Reid Andrews. New York, Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Issues faced by Afro-Latin Americans in the 19th and 20th centuries. Includes discussion of Afro-Latin Americans in Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Costa Rica, Colombia, the Donimican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Uruguay.
- Afro-Latin@ Reader: History and Culture in the United States.
- Miriam Jiménez Román and Juan Flores, editors. Durham, N.C., Duke University Press, 2010.
- Afrolatin@ Bibliography: Ethnicity
- Bibliography from the Afrolatin@ Project.
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Latin American and Caribbean Cultures
- Daniel Balderston, Mike Gonzalez and Ana M. Lpez, editors. New York, Routledge, 2000. 3 volumes.
- The Latino Encyclopedia
- Richard Chabrán and Rafael Chabrán, editors. New York, Marshall Cavendish, 1996. 6 volumes
- More than 1900 entries ranging from several paragraphs to signed full-length articles with annotated bibliographies relating to the Latino experience in the United States.
- Encyclopedia of Puerto Rico
- Organized in 21 topics, including a special section on the Puerto Rican Diaspora. Still very much a work in progress, but includes some useful information.
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration.
- Carl L. Bankston III. Pasadena, CA., Salem Press, 2010. 3 volumes.
- 553 alphabetically arranged entries on a wide array of topics relating to immigration in the U.S. Includes entries on 65 individual ethnic and immigrant groups, as well as entries on the immigration history of each state in the U.S. Each entry is followed by a selective annotated bibliography. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies