Skip to main content
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
- Hispanic-American Periodical Index [HAPI]
- 1970- . The major multidisciplinary periodical index for Latin American Studies. Indexes over 400 scholarly journals published in the U.S. and Latin America. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Publicaciones y Revistas Sociales y Humanísticas. A database of full-text scholarly journals in the social sciences and humanities for the study of Latin America and the Caribbean. Includes Spanish, Portuguese and English language content, covering all areas of the Social Sciences and Humanities. Rutgers-restricted Access
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
Looking for articles that focus on history?
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Covers Puerto Rican history. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Looking for articles that focus on art or architecture?
- Art Full Text
- 1984- . The basic index to art periodicals worldwide. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- 1934- . The comprehensive index to journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, city planning, landscape architecture, and historic preservation. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Looking for articles that focus on literature?
- MLA International Bibliography 1926-
- The premier index to articles, books, and dissertations on literature, language, linguistics, folklore, and film. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles that focus on music?
- RILM: Abstracts of Music LIterature
- The largest bibliography of music literature worldwide.
- Music Index Online
- 1973- . Indexes over 850 music periodicals. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles that focus on politics or public policy?
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. Rutgers-restricted Access
Looking for articles with a sociological focus?
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies