Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Graduate Reading Room
- Wireless is available in the Graduate Reading Room and most areas of Alexander Library. Access requires NetID log in. Visit the RUWireless site for additional information.
- A graduate computing lab with NetID log in and printing is located in the Graduate Reading Room on the 3rd floor of the South Wing of Alexander Library.
- Books and other physical materials on reserve for courses are located in the Graduate Reading Room along with the English and Social Sciences Collection.
Carrels in the Graduate Reading Room
Carrels for graduate students are available in the Graduate Reading Room on the 3rd floor of Alexander Library. Application forms are available at the Circulation Desk on the main floor.
There is a waiting list, but Ph.D. students are given priority over other applicants.
Information for Teaching and/or Research Assistants
- If you're a TA and need to put material on reserve for your class, visit the Reading Lists documentation or the About Course Reserves page.
- If you are assigning students to write a research paper or to do a project that will require the use of library resources, feel free to contact the SC&I liaison librarians for a consultation and/or a library session with your class.
- If you are working on a research project with a faculty member, it may be useful for the faculty member to apply for a Research Assistant card on your behalf.