Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Video and Audio Databases
- The Rutgers Libraries subscribe to a wide range of video and audio databases. You'll find the full list here
Among the services available:
- Academic Video Online
- A collection of over 60,000 streaming videos in a wide variety of academic areas. Includes many documentaries and filmed stage productions.
- Asian FIlm Online
- More than 600 narrative feature films, documentaries, and short films from independent Asian filmmakers.
- Silent Film Online
- More than 1,000 silent feature films, documentaries, serials, and shorts from the 1890s to the 1930s.
- Filmakers Library Online
- Over 1,500 feature-length documentary films made by independent filmakers from all over the world.
- Socialism on Film
- Digitized films originally produced in communist countries during the 20th century.
Do We Currently Have Access to a Film?: QuickSearch Knows
- In most cases, feature films to which Rutgers users currently have access will be found in QuickSearch
- To search for a specific title,
- Select "Advanced Search" (on the bottom right of the basic search box).
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Any Field" to "Title"
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Contains" to "Exact"
- Enter your title
- Use the pull-down menu to change the "Resource Type" to "Video/Film"
So If You're Looking for the Documentary Revolution '67