Skip to main content
Slavery in America
- Slaves and the Courts, 1740-1860
- Over a hundred pamphlets and books published between 1772 and 1889, including an assortment of trials and cases, reports, arguments, accounts, examinations of cases and decisions, proceedings, journals, a letter, and other works of historical importance.
- From Slavery to Freedom: The African-American Pamphlet Collection 1822-1909
- 396 pamphlets by African-American authors and others who wrote about slavery, African colonization, Emancipation, Reconstruction, and related topics. From the Library of Congress' Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
- Born in Slavery: Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1938
- More than 2,300 first-person accounts of slavery and 500 black-and-white photographs of former slaves collected in the 1930s as part of the Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies