Skip to main content
Can't Resist the Urge to Google?
Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature including books, peer-reviewed articles, theses, preprints, and technical reports.
- MLA International Bibliography
- 1926- . The most comprehensive index to journal articles, books, dissertations, and other materials relating to literature, folkore, and film studies. Indexes more than 4400 journals. Rutgers-restricted Access
Film and Media
- FIAF International FilmArchive Database
- 1972- . Index to over 300 international film periodicals, including academic journals and trade papers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
- A comprehensive bibliographic database covering all types of writing, including industry papers, news journalism, and scholarly academic journals on topics for film and television. Includes full-text for more than 100 journals and 100 books, including Variety film reviews from 1914 to the present, as well as more than 36,000 images from the MPTV Image Archive. Primary coverage 1990 to the present; selective coverage earlier. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Full-text coverage of more than 280 titles plus citation coverage for many more. Many major journals searchable back to early 1900s.Rutgers-restricted Access
- Handbook of Latin American Studies
- 1935- . Selective, annotated bibliography of books, book chapters, articles, and conference papers published in the field of Latin American studies. Coverage alternates between social sciences and the humanities on a biennial basis.
- Hispanic-American Periodical Index [HAPI]
- 1970- . The major multidisciplinary periodical index for Latin American Studies. Indexes over 400 scholarly journals published in the U.S. and Latin America. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies