Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CINAHL-Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- In CINAHL enter your topic in the search box, e.g., social support, and select Instrumentation from the pull-down menu to the right. In the next search box type, questionnaire/scale and select Publication Type from the pull-down menu to the right. Now execute the search by clicking the Search button. The full-text of the article may include the measure, but not always.
- The Instrumentation field includes the names of instruments used in research studies indexed in the database. Enter the name of a measure, e.g., General Health Questionnaire, or a keyword, e.g., coping in the first search box, and select Instrumentation from the pull-down menu to the right. This search strategy will provide all studies that used a particular measure, etc.
Other Search Strategies
To broaden your search try this strategy:
- Enter your concept(s) or topic in the first box, leaving the pull-down menu on the right as is.
- Type test* or measure* or questionnaire* or scale* or survey* in the second box, and from the pull-down menu on the right, select Abstract.
- Select the Search button.