Skip to main content
CINAHL-Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- In CINAHL enter your topic in the search box, e.g., social support, and select Instrumentation from the pull-down menu to the right. In the next search box type, questionnaire/scale and select Publication Type from the pull-down menu to the right. Now execute the search by clicking the Search button. The full-text of the article may include the measure, but not always.
- The Instrumentation field includes the names of instruments used in research studies indexed in the database. Enter the name of a measure, e.g., General Health Questionnaire, or a keyword, e.g., coping in the first search box, and select Instrumentation from the pull-down menu to the right. This search strategy will provide all studies that used a particular measure, etc.
Other Search Strategies
To broaden your search try this strategy:
- Enter your concept(s) or topic in the first box, leaving the pull-down menu on the right as is.
- Type test* or measure* or questionnaire* or scale* or survey* in the second box, and from the pull-down menu on the right, select Abstract.
- Select the Search button.