Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Book Review Digest
1906- . Citations, along with brief excerpts, to reviews of English language books published or distributed in the United States.The majority of the reviews come from non-scholarly sources.
DANA REF Z1219 .C96; Current volumes on Index Table
American Literary and Drama Reviews: An Index to Late 19th Century Periodicals.
Indexes reviews appearing during the years 1880 to 1900 in a select number of magazines. Part I covers reviews of American dramatic productions, chiefly in New York City, and Part II covers literary works.
DANA REF PN2256 .M37
- Fairly Recent Title?
- Book Review Index Plus
- Index to book reviews from popular and scholarly journals from 1965 to the present. [NOTE Rutgers subscription to end October 23, 2020] Rutgers-restricted Access
- Web of Science
- The Web of Science Core Collection indexes over 20,000 scholarly journals in the arts, sciences, and humanities. To search for book reviews, select "Advanced Search." Enter the book title in quotation marks preceded by "Ti=" So if you're looking for reviews of the book "Root Shock," enter: ti="root shock." Then select "Book Review" from the "Document Type" box. A good source for the most recent published reviews. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Academic Search Premier
- The basic multidisciplinary index; good source for book reviews. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life 1964- .
- The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. On the search page, select "Book Review" as your "Document Type." Rutgers-restricted Access.
- H-Net Reviews: Online Scholarly Reviews
- H-Net Reviews in the Humanities and Social Sciences is an online scholarly review resource that has been publishing reviews since 1993.
- Reviews in History
- Launched in 1996, Reviews in History publishes online reviews and reappraisals of significant work in all fields of historical interest.
- An Older Book?
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of more than 2000 important scholarly journals. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted access
- Periodicals Index Online/Archive Online
- International Index to over 5000 journals ranging from the 18th century to 1995. Includes a growing archive of full-image articles and links to JSTOR collections where available. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Humanities Index Retrospective
- Indexes core, English-language periodicals in art, literature, music, philosophy and history published between 1907 and 1983. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Reader's Guide Retrospective
- Index to the most popular general-interest U.S. periodicals between 1890 and 1982. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies