Skip to main content
Basic Reference Resources
- Encyclopedia of India
- Stanley A. Wolpert. Detroit, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2006. 4 vols.
- More than 600 entries with bibliographies on the history, cultures, geography and religions of India from ancient times to the present day. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
- Robert E. Buswell. New York, Macmillan, 2003. 2 vols.
- "describes the Buddhist world view, basic teachings and practices of Buddhism, as well as its different schools and sects. In addition to containing entries on Buddhist scriptures, art, architecture, divinities, monastic orders, festivals, rites and ceremonies, this 2-vol. set explores the history of Buddhism, the different forms it has taken in different parts of the world, and how Buddhism has blended with other religions." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of Hinduism
- Constance Jones. New York, Facts on File, 2007. Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Encyclopaedia of Islam
- New Edition, 1986. "Covers Muslims of every age and land, tribes and dynasties, crafts and sciences, political and religious institutions, and the geography, ethnography, history, topography, and monuments of major towns and cities, encompassing the Arabo-Islamic empire, the Islamic countries of Iran, Central Asia, Indian and Indonesia, the Ottoman Empire, and all other Islamic countries. Published in 12 volumes." Rutgers-restricted Access
- "Harappa.com has been the major website on the ancient Indus or Harappan Civilization (3500-1700 BCE) since 1995. Leading scholars from India, Pakistan, the US, UK, and Europe have published their work in slideshows, essays and articles that cover the basic facts and the latest research."
- Manas: India and its Neighbors
- Site created by Vinay Lal, Professor of History at UCLA. The site "aims at offering a scholarly yet readable narrative of some aspects of Indian history, politics, culture, and religion."
- Internet Indian History Sourcebook
- Links to source materials, as well as other texts.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies