Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- In most cases, feature films to which Rutgers users currently have access will be found in QuickSearch
- To search for a specific title,
- Select "Advanced Search" (on the bottom right of the basic search box).
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Any Field" to "Title"
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Contains" to "Exact"
- Enter your title
- Use the pull-down menu to change the "Resource Type" to "Video/Film"
Films and Documentaries
- Academic Video Online
- A collection of over 60,000 streaming videos in a wide variety of academic areas. Includes many documentaries and filmed stage productions.
- Swank Digital Campus
- Digital access to feature films and documentaries that Rutgers instructors are using in their courses this year. Content will change from semester to semester.
- A broad selection of streaming documentaries, independent and foreign films, classics, and feature films. Content will change from semester to semester.
Rutgers Library Catalog (QuickSearch)
- Have the title of an article that you need? Enter the title in quotation marks into the QuickSearch box and see if the system can find an accessible copy.
- Have the name of a specific book that you need? Use the "Browse" search to look for that title.
Need a book from a Rutgers Library?
While we are operating under COVID restrictions, if you need a physical copy of a book from Dana or another Rutgers Library, you can request the book by bringing up the record for the book in QuickSearch, logging in with your Rutgers NetID, and clicking on the Request link. You'll receive an email when your materials are ready for pickup, with instructions for making an appointment to pick up at Dana. Or, you can request delivery by mail by selecting Personal Delivery > Home Address in QuickSearch.
Please note that we cannot provide access to physical copies if there is an online version available in our collections.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies