Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books ABOUT Authors
To find books about an author, go to "Advanced Search" in QuickSearch, change "Any Field" to "Subject," and enter the name of your subject. To limit to books, change "Resource Type" to "Books."
Africa in Europe
- Africa in Europe
- Stefan Goodwin. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2009. 2 volumes. Available?
Need a book?
While we are operating under COVID restrictions, if you need a physical copy of a book from Dana or another Rutgers Library, you can request the book by bringing up the record for the book in QuickSearch, logging in with your Rutgers NetID, and clicking on the Request link. You'll receive an email when your materials are ready for pickup, with instructions for making an appointment to pick up at Dana. Or, you can request delivery by mail by selecting Personal Delivery > Home Address in QuickSearch.
Please note that we cannot provide access to physical copies if there is an online version available in our collections.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow or UBorrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Rutgers Libraries QuickSearch
- Search all Rutgers Libraries for books, videos, media, and other resources.
- Union catalog of over 420 million bibliographic records for titles owned by U.S. and other libraries. Go to "Advanced Search" to search by the same subject terms that you are using in the Rutgers catalog. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
Looking for Documentaries?
- Academic Video Online
- More than 50,000 streaming videos with transcripts on issues worldwide. Includes documentaries, news reels, oral histories, speeches, and interviews.
- A broad selection of streaming documentaries, independent and foreign films, classics, and feature films.
- Docuseek2 Complete Collection
- Over 1500 documentaries from around the world.
- Filmakers Library Online
- Over 1,500 feature-length documentary films made by independent filmakers from all over the world.
Looking for Feature Films?
- In most cases, feature films to which Rutgers users currently have access will be found in QuickSearch
- To search for a specific title,
- Select "Advanced Search" (on the bottom right of the basic search box).
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Any Field" to "Title"
- Use the pull-down menu to change the first "Contains" to "Exact"
- Enter your title
- Use the pull-down menu to change the "Resource Type" to "Video/Film"
- Asian FIlm Online
- More than 600 narrative feature films, documentaries, and short films from independent Asian filmmakers.
- Swank Digital Campus has an inventory of over 25,000 films, documentaries and TV shows. Because this service is maintained to support classroom instruction, the films available through Swank will vary from semester to semester.
- Kanopy has an inventory of some 30,000 documentaries, as well as classic, foreign, and indie films. As is the case with Swank, what is accessible from Kanopy will vary from semester to semester and is determined by faculty request.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies