Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Download NVIVO as Rutgers Users
NVIVO 12 is free for Rutgers faculty/staff/student (except GSE) to download. Following the steps listed below:
- Go to Rutgers Software Portal at http://software.rutgers.edu/
- Log in with your NetID and Password.
- Put "NVIVO" in the search box on the up right corner of the Software Portal homepage, and search.
- Download files are available under the "Downloads" tab at the bottom of the page. Your activation code is a download file.
- The license might be for a specific time interval. After that date, you will need to download a new license from this site.
- If you are going to work with media files, you might need third-party codec software.
- Updates to NVIVO may be available after the basic installation. The program might prompt you to download the update version, such as "NVIVO 12.x."
NVIVO Tutorials on Youtube
Qualitative Research Data Processing Books in Library
- Qualitative data analysis with NVivo 2nd ed. Author Bazeley, Patricia. 2013.
- Qualitative data analysis : practical strategies Author Bazeley, Patricia. 2013
- The coding manual for qualitative researchers 2nd ed.Author Saldaña, Johnny. 2013
- Applied thematic analysis. Author Greg Guest, Kathleen M. MacQueen, Emily E. Namey. 2012
- Qualitative data analysis with ATLAS.ti Author Friese, Susanne. 2012
- Qualitative inquiry in clinical and educational settings Author Hays, Danica G. 2012
- Doing qualitative research using your computer : a practical guide Author Hahn, Christopher. 2008
- Handling qualitative data : a practical guide Author Richards, Lyn, 2005
- Qualitative data : an introduction to coding and analysis. Author Carl F. Auerbach and Louise B. Silverstein. 2003
* Use E-ZBorrow if the books are currently checked out.