Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search in databases linked below based on your research subject area. These databases support searching using keywords and operators.
Accessing the Article
We subscribe to thousands of journals, but not to all of the journals you may find cited in our electronic databases. If you find an article you want to read and the full text is not available via PDF or HTML links, try the following:
1. Select the button. Select the link to full-text.
2. If you do not see a link to full text, select “Search the library’s catalog by title (or ISSN) link” which will take you to the catalog record for the journal title (if available). Check if the article is available online in the Electronic Access section.The record also indicates whether the library system owns the periodical in paper or in other formats.
3. If Rutgers University Libraries has the article, but not electronically, you can request a free, electronic copy (PDF) by clicking on the Article Delivery button in the record.
4. If RUL does not have the article at all, you can request a copy through Interlibrary Loan. Requested articles are delivered electronically as PDF files. The turnaround time is generally 1-3 days.
- QuickSearch: The library search bar which searches books, articles, and more. Use the left-sidebar to narrow to Peer-Reviewed Journals to see only academic articles.
- Google Scholar: This link allows you to search Google Scholar and see a "Get it @ R" link next to every resource available from Rutgers University Libraries.
- Academic Search Premier: Rutgers-restricted database covering nearly every area of academic study.
- JSTOR: Rutgers-restricted database covering humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Project Muse: Rutgers-restricted database covering arts, humanities, social sciences, and mathematics.
Literature, Film, Art, Education, and History
- MLA International Bibliography: Rutgers-restricted database of critical scholarship on literature, language, linguistics, folklore, film, and the teaching of language and literature.
- America: History & Life: Rutgers-restricted database which covers the United States and Canadian history and culture from prehistoric times to the present.
- ERIC: Rutgers-restricted database covering topics related to education.
Anthropology and Sociology
- ProQuest Sociology: Rutgers-restricted database covering topics related to sociology, social work, and related social sciences.
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide: Rutgers-restricted database with international coverage of family therapy, cross-cultural issues, minority groups, intermarriage, social policy, parenting, family relationships, foster care, and adoption.
Psychology and Medicine
- PsycInfo: Rutgers-restricted database providing abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the behavioral sciences and mental health.
- Medline: Rutgers-restricted database providing bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature.