Skip to main content
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
Political Science, Public Policy and International Affairs
NOTE: Worldwide Political Science Abstracts and PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service) are both included in the Social Sciences Premium Collection above.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. Rutgers-restricted Access
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
- 1991- Database of full-text working papers, research reports, conference proceedings, policy briefs, and journal articles relating to international affairs. Rutgers-restricted Access
- PROL: Political Research Online
- Search over 72,500 preprints, conference papers, and other research papers relating to political science. Project of the American Political Science Association.
- RAMBI: Index to Articles on Jewish Studies
- Index to selective articles relating to Jewish studies and Israel. From the Jewish National and University Library. 1966- Rutgers-restricted Access
- UNBISnet: United Nations Bibliographic Information System
- UN and other documents and publications indexed by the UN Dag
Hammarskjold Library in New York and the UN Library in Geneva. Full
coverage from 1979 but many older titles continue to be added. Many
links to full-text documents.
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies