Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library, you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record for the book in The Catalog and clicking on tbe Book Delivery/Recall button.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Rutgers Libraries Catalog
Search all Rutgers Libraries for books, videos, media, microforms, and other materials.
- Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the experiences of peoples of African descent throughout the world." [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center" from the "Collections" pull-down menu.
Videos in the Rutgers University Libraries
African Americans: Streaming Videos
Africa: Selected Streaming Videos
- Bushmen of the Kalahari
- "The film takes a unique look at the fascinating history, brutal struggles and the daunting challenges the Bushmen face in the 21st century. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Long Tears: An Ndebele Story
- "This remarkable film, seen through the eyes of one family, documents five years in the life of a South African tribe, the Ndebele, exploring their extraordinary art, culture and traditions...The Long Tears also traces the history of the Ndebele defeat in war against the Boers over a hundred years ago, and their subsequent enslavement and mistreatment at the hands of the Boer farmers." Rutgers-restricted Access
- "Follow the Sahara's mysterious history from climate and geographical changes to political and religious turmoil from 525 B.C. through the 19th century. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- Swahili Beat
- "The Swahili beat is an upbeat look at the remarkable history of the Swahili people of Kenya and Tanzania's East African coast." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Dark Passages
- "Employes a mixture of interviews, slave narratives, and dramatization. Tells the story of the impact of the Atlantic slave trade. Takes the viewer from the House of Slaves on Goree Island off the coast of Dakar, Senegal, to the village of Juffere on the Gambia River." Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies