Skip to main content
The Historical Stage
- American Eras
- Detroit, Gale, 1997. 8 vols. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of the Great Depression
- Robert S. McElvaine, ed. New York, Macmillan Reference USA, 2004. 2 vols. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War: A Political, Social, and Military History
- Spencer C. Tucker, editor. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO, 1998.
- More than 900 signed entries, most with brief bibliographies. Considers all aspects of the war in historical context, including Vietnam-related literature and film. Extensive collection of historical documents (1920-1995). Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of African-American Culture and History
- New York, Macmillan, 1996. 5 vols plus Supplement (2001).
- Encyclopedia of African-American Culture and History: The Black Experience in the Americas
- 2nd edition. Detroit, Macmillan, 2006. 6 vols.
- Signed entries covering all aspects of African-American history and life. While the 2d edition expands the scope of the work beyond North America, it has only a little more than half of the number of entries found in the first edition. Many of the U.S.-centered articles (for example, entries on states and major cities) are not available in the 2d edition. About half of the articles that appear in both have been updated in the 2d edition. Bibliographic references. Together, a good starting point for research.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E185 .E54 1996.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E185 .E54 2006. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy: Studies of the Principal Movements and Ideas
- Editors, Alexander DeConde et. al. 2d edition. New York, Scribner, 2002. 3 vols.
121 in-depth scholarly essays on the concepts, themes, movements, and distinctive policies found in the history of American foreign relations. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of U.S. Foreign Relations
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1997. 4 vols.
1,024 scholarly entries relating to the political, economic, military, and cultural interactions of the U.S. government and the American people with other nations and peoples. Most entries include bibliography.
- Dana Call Number: Ref. E183.7.E53 1997
History in Dispute
- "Addresses heavily debated questions by offering different critical perspectives on major historical events, drawn from all time periods and from all parts of the globe." Thematic volumes include:
- Volume 1: The Cold War: First Series
- Volume 2: American Social and Political Movements - 1945-2000: Pursuit of Liberty
- Volume 3: American Social and Political Movements - 1900-1945: Pursuit of Progress
- Volume 4: World War II - 1939-1943
- Volume 5: World War II - 1943-1945
- Volume 6: The Cold War: Second Series
- Volume 7: Water and the Environment Since 1945: Global Perspectives
- Volume 8: World War I: First Series
- Volume 9: World War I: Second Series
- Volume 10: The Crusades - 1095-1291
- Volume 11: The Holocaust - 1933-1945
- Volume 12: The American Revolution - 1763-1789
- Volume 13: Slavery in the Western Hemisphere - circa 1500-1888
- Volume 14: The Middle East Since 1945: First Series
- Volume 15: The Middle East Since 1945: Second Series
- Volume 16: Twentieth-Century European Social and Political Movements: First Series
- Volume 17: Twentieth-Century European Social and Political Movements: Second Series
- Volume 18: The Spanish Civil War
- Volume 19: The Red Scare After 1945
- Volume 20: Classical Antiquity and Classical Studies
- Volume 21: Revolutionary Russia - 1890-1930
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies