Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Looking for a full-length biography of someone? Search The Catalog using the person's name (last name, first name) as your search term and select "SUBJECT Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
If you're looking for works for which that person is responsible for most of the content (an autobiography; photographs; news reports; etc.) search as above, but now select "AUTHOR Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
- Current Biography
- More than 15,000 full text biographies and more than 9,400 obituaries from 1940 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Biographical Databases
- "This page lists databases or static web sites produced by state government or their political subdivisions that provide biographical sketches of authors, state officials, famous state residents, etc."
- Encyclopedia of World Biography. 2nd edition. Detroit, Gale, 2004. 23 volumes.
- Articles with bibliographies on notable individuals from all parts of the world and all time periods. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Supplements: Vol. 25; Vol. 26; Vol. 27.
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s
- William L. O'Neill and Kenneth T. Jackson, eds. New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2003. 2 vols. Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies