Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Rutgers Business Research Guides
This guide includes links to all guides for aspects of business.
With Starting Points and details on use of many databases and web sites, this fills in all the details.
- MarketLine provides over 12,000 profiles of public companies from around the world. These profiles are based on published research as well as primary and secondary data sources. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Mergent Online, the electronic version (Rutgers-restricted Access) of the Mergent/Moody's Manuals (DANA REF Index Table I, CARR Business Counter 2) has much information on public firms around the world, with historical background, up to 25 years of financials, details on debt and capital structure, and Mergent's own equity research.
- ReferenceUSA has basic company directory information with over 7 million companies in the U.S. and Canada, mostly private. Good for job hunting, by geography, company size or industry and for finding suppliers and competitors. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Business Source Premier can be searched for company trends, products, strategies, history, and other aspects. One can limit the search result to articles focused on a specific company by selecting the Company Entity field from the dropdown list to the right of the search box. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- The historical volumes of the Mergent/Moody's Manuals are now available online on Mergent Archives, with brief company and financial information going back to 1909 for some firms. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- For the original SEC filings, see the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission's website to use EDGAR.
Business Librarian and Information Literacy Coordinator