Skip to main content
The View From the Top: Official Sources
- Federal Response to Radicalism in the 1960s
- Searchable collection of FBI files. Includes the COINTELPRO files, and files on Abbie Hoffman, the Black Panther Party, Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers, Kent State, Malcolm X, Mississippi burning, Muslim Mosque, Inc., the Organization of Afro-American Unity, the Students for a Democratic Society and the Weatherman Underground Organization, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, and on Communist Infiltration of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Foreign Relations of the United States
- U.S. Department of State. Washington, D.C., 1861- .
The 'official' documentary record of U.S. foreign policy. Correspondance, reports, and documents relating to U.S. diplomatic history, published with a delay of approximately 25 years. The most recent volumes (Truman - Nixon/Ford) are available online. The State Department maintains a list of all volumes that have been published.
- Declassified Documents Reference System
- Full-text database of documents that have been declassified by the U.S. government. Includes CIA, FBI, State Department, National Security Agency, and White House documents, among others. Largest coverage beginning after World War II, although some earlier documents are included.
Off-Campus Access Rutgers-restricted Access
- Congressional Publications
- Historical and current Congressional information and legislative publications. Committee Prints, House & Senate Reports, House & Senate Documents, 1970-present; Hearings, 1824-2003, complete hearing - 2004-present, selected testimony transcripts and submitted statements, and in some cases, entire published hearings; Legislative Histories, 1969-present.
- Off-Campus Link Rutgers-restricted Access
- FBI Electronic Reading Room [The Vault]
- Digital documents from the files of the FBI. You can use the A-Z Index, or browse through categories of documents including "Anti-War," "Civil Rights," "Gangs/Extremist Groups," and "Popular Culture."
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies