Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A Sampling of Books from QuickSearch - Select the Book Cover to Go to the Record and Access the EBook
Other than QuickSearch, which searches across multiple databases simultaneously, Rutgers subscribes to many databases appropriate for your research topic. Rutgers off-campus users will require authentication using NetID when accessing restricted resources.
Full list of databases
Indexes and databases available from Rutgers University Libraries sorted by Subject and by Title.
Is your topic multidisciplinary? Need database suggestions? Get help from RUL.
Retrieving Full Text Articles
Rutgers has many databases that provide the full text of an article (linked pdf or html), while others provide only citations or abstracts. In that case, there are still several options for you to get the full text.
- If you don't see the PDF icon or linking to the full text of an article, click the button. If the article is available via Rutgers, you will gain access.
- If the article is not available at Rutgers, you will be able to request an electronic copy through an "Article Delivery" link in the database.
- If that doesn't seem to be an option, you can copy and paste the title of the article into QuickSearch. You have to be logged in with your NetID to see your access or delivery options.
- If the title doesn't show up, try checking the Expand My Search box to get to the record from another library and an Articllet Delivery button..It will autopopulate the interlibrary loan form for you.
- Alternatively, you can place an Article Delivery request via the form.
- You may want to check for access in Google Scholar via the Rutgers link, too. If Rutgers has access, it will come up in the results.
- If all fails, you can always ask a librarian for help.
A database of more than 30 million citations, also includes animal science topics. [Rutgers-restricted]
A comprehensive, curated abstract and citation database, with an option to narrow down searches to animals. [Rutgers-restricted]
A platform for ebooks and peer-reviewed journals, including topics on animals and veterinary medicine. [Rutgers-restricted]