Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EthxWeb: Literature in Bioethics
"Journal articles, book chapters, bills, laws, court decisions, reports, books, audiovisuals, and news articles relating to bioethics and professional ethics covering 1974-2009." From the Georgetown University Bioethics Research Library.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
- History of Science, Technology, and Medicine
- 1975- . Searchable bibliography of articles, books, proceedings, and dissertations. Integrates the Isis Current Bibliography of the History of Science, the Current Bibliography in the History of Technology (Technology and Culture), the Bibliografia Italiana di Storia della Scienza and the Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine. Rutgers-restricted Access
- PubMed: Bioethics
- Search a subset of millions of citations in PubMed, the biomedical database, that have been automatically formulated to limit results to discussions of bioethics.
- PubMed: History of Medicine
- Search a subset of millions of citations for biomedical literature.
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Databases: Communications and Media
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Full-text coverage of more than 280 titles plus citation coverage for many more. Many major journals searchable back to early 1900s. Rutgers-restricted Access
Databases: Computing and Information Technology
- ACM Digital Library
- Full-text articles published by the Association for Computing Machinery and affiliated organizations relating to computing and information science. Rutgers-restricted Access
Databases: Public Policy and Sociology
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles. Among other databases includes PAIS International and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, the primary databases for political science and public policy. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociologial Abstracts
- 1963-- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Databases: Regional Focus
- Search across 30 databases providing access to multi-disciplinary information on Africa. Indexes books, journals, newspapers, government publications, and popular magazines. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Bibliography of Asian Studies.
The major index for the study of East, Southeast, and South Asia. 1971 to the present. Rutgers-restricted access
Hispanic-American Periodical Index [HAPI]
. The major multidisciplinary periodical index for Latin American
Studies. Indexes over 400 scholarly journals published in the U.S. and
Latin America. Rutgers-restricted Access
- RAMBI: Index to Articles on Jewish Studies
- Index to selective articles relating to Jewish studies and Israel. From the Jewish National and University Library. 1966- Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies