Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- TV-NewsSearch: The Vanderbilt Television News Archive
- Index to material in the collection of the Vanderbilt Television News Archive; includes access through Online Streaming Video to thousands of hours of NBC and CNN news broadcasts, as well as abstracts to nightly news programs broadcast by the other national television networks. Rutgers-restricted Access
There are some online publicly available international newspaper collections.
European Newspaper Archives Links to (mostly) free European newspaper archives. Includes British, Irish, Welsh, German, French, Dutch, and other collections. From Xooxle Answers.
International News: Historical Archives. Newspaper collections from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the rest of the world excluding Europe and the U.S.
What They Reported
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Combined Search
- Search and display the full image of articles published in six historical newspapers: the Chicago Defender (1910-1975), the New York Times (1851- three years prior to the current year), the Philadelphia Inquirer (November 7, 1860 – December 31, 2001), the Pittsburgh Gazette (August 29, 1786 – December 31, 2003), the Wall Street Journal (1889-1999), and the Washington Post(1877-2000). Rutgers-restricted Access
- Nineteenth Century U.S. Newspapers
- Full-text database of 500 newspapers published between 1800 and 1900. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- The Times Digital Archive (London, England)
- Search and display the full image of articles published between 1785 and 2012. Rutgers-restricted Access
Contemporary Accounts: U.S. Media
- A vast archive which includes the full-text of 8,000 leading newspapers(including the New York Times), magazines, trade journals, newsletters, and television and radio transcripts. Ten to twenty year+ backfile for many titles. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Access World News
- Access to the full text of over 2200 U.S. and over 1200 international newspapers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Westlaw Campus Research
- "News" portion indexes the full text of many newspapers.Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies