Skip to main content
Think Tank Search. Think Tank directory from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Vera Institute of Justice
Search congress.gov for federal legislative information--the text and status of bills that have been introduced; committee reports; etc.
Second Chance Act Grants
- Second Chance Act Grant Program
- The Second Chance Act (SCA) supports state, local, and tribal governments and nonprofit organizations in their work to reduce recidivism and improve outcomes for people returning from state and federal prisons, local jails, and juvenile facilities. SCA legislation authorizes federal grants for vital programs and systems reform aimed at improving the reentry process.
National Reentry Resource Center
- The National Reentry Resource Center
- Funded and administered by the U.S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Assistance, the NRRC is an important source of information on reentry.
Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) serves as shared staff to congressional committees and Members of Congress. CRS analyzes and reports on current and proposed policies. Until very recently (9/2018) CRS itself did not make its reports available even when they were not classified. So we have had to rely on other groups for access.
- Includes every CRS report that’s currently available on Congress’s internal website. A project of Demand Progress in collaboration with the Congressional Data Coalition — a bipartisan coalition founded by Demand Progress and the R Street Institute to promote open legislative information.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies