Skip to main content
- Dictionary of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict "Covers the history of the conflict, going back to the birth of Zionism at the end of the 19th century. The two-volume set covers five Arab-Israeli wars, and provides biographies of political personnel in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and the occupied territories. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- UNISPAL: UN Information System on the Question of Palestine Search or browse a large collection (30,000+) of current and historical United Nations documents concerning the question of Palestine and related issues since 1946.
- The Middle East and South Asia
- Delphine Roger. In K. Kiple and K. Ornelas (Eds.), The Cambridge World History of Food. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2000, pp. 1140-1151.
- Political Handbook of the World
- New York, McGraw-Hill, 1975- .Entries on countries and territories throughout the world including all major and minor political parties and groups in each political system. Available?
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- "Covers the modern history of the Middle East and North Africa, with major sections on Colonialism and Imperialism, the World Wars, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the United Nations' involvement in the region." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Princeton Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought
- Mahan Mirza; Patricia Crone; and Gerhard Bowering. Princeton, N.J., Princeton University Press, 2013.
- Islamic political thought from the birth of Islam to today. Rutgers-restricted access<
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
- John L. Esposito. New York, N.Y., Oxford University Press, 2009. 6 vols.
- Signed entries on history, geography, law, religion, beliefs, culture, politics, economics, etc. Available?
- Cambridge Histories OnlineFull text of most Cambridge history volumes published to date. Subject matter ranges widely across the humanities with a concentration on political and cultural history. Each volume includes authoritative narrative accounts by specialists and extensive bibliographies. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
- 2nd edition. Detroit, Macmillan Reference USA, 2007.
- Thousands of signed articles, most with bibliographies, on all
aspects of Judaism, Jewish life and history. The standard encyclopedia. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
- New edition. Leiden, Brill. 2004.
- Articles on all aspects of the Islamic world, the standard reference
work for Islamic Studies. Includes extensive bibliographies. Published in 12 volumes between 1960 through 2004. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia Iranica
- "A comprehensive research tool dedicated to the study of Iranian civilization in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and the Indian subcontinent."
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies