Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Dictionary of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict "Covers the history of the conflict, going back to the birth of Zionism at the end of the 19th century. The two-volume set covers five Arab-Israeli wars, and provides biographies of political personnel in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and the occupied territories. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- UNISPAL: UN Information System on the Question of Palestine Search or browse a large collection (30,000+) of current and historical United Nations documents concerning the question of Palestine and related issues since 1946.
- The Middle East and South Asia
- Delphine Roger. In K. Kiple and K. Ornelas (Eds.), The Cambridge World History of Food. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2000, pp. 1140-1151.
- Political Handbook of the World
- New York, McGraw-Hill, 1975- .Entries on countries and territories throughout the world including all major and minor political parties and groups in each political system. Available?
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- "Covers the modern history of the Middle East and North Africa, with major sections on Colonialism and Imperialism, the World Wars, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the United Nations' involvement in the region." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Princeton Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought
- Mahan Mirza; Patricia Crone; and Gerhard Bowering. Princeton, N.J., Princeton University Press, 2013.
- Islamic political thought from the birth of Islam to today. Rutgers-restricted access<
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
- John L. Esposito. New York, N.Y., Oxford University Press, 2009. 6 vols.
- Signed entries on history, geography, law, religion, beliefs, culture, politics, economics, etc. Available?
- Cambridge Histories OnlineFull text of most Cambridge history volumes published to date. Subject matter ranges widely across the humanities with a concentration on political and cultural history. Each volume includes authoritative narrative accounts by specialists and extensive bibliographies. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
- 2nd edition. Detroit, Macmillan Reference USA, 2007.
- Thousands of signed articles, most with bibliographies, on all
aspects of Judaism, Jewish life and history. The standard encyclopedia. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
- New edition. Leiden, Brill. 2004.
- Articles on all aspects of the Islamic world, the standard reference
work for Islamic Studies. Includes extensive bibliographies. Published in 12 volumes between 1960 through 2004. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopaedia Iranica
- "A comprehensive research tool dedicated to the study of Iranian civilization in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and the Indian subcontinent."
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies