You can generate a bibliography from a list of references without creating a document in several ways. There are multiple output styles available.
1. Select the collection or group of references you want to use
2. Click the Bibliography icon and select Create Bibliography
3. Choose your citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.)
4. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste your bibliography into your document
1. Open RefWorks and select the Quote " icon from the toolbar.
2. Select your preferred citation style from the pop up and click Continue.
3. To insert citations, select individual or multiple citations at a time. Select the Copy citations to clipboard button to save the in-text citation, then paste the references into your document at the appropriate location.
4. Once you finished inserting all in-text citations into your document, select the Continue to bibliography button to create the bibliography.
5. Copy and paste your bibliography into your document.
RefWorks offers an optional utility that allows you to run an abbreviated version of RefWorks in Microsoft Word.
RefWorks Citation Manager (RCM on the Word ribbon) is a newer, more modern version of Write-N-Cite. Use RefWorks Citation Manager if you are using Word 2016. Use Write-N-Cite for previous versions.
You can cite references in a manuscript with one click and watch your paper format instantly including in-text citations, footnotes and your bibliography. The utility installs a RefWorks tab in the MS Word ribbon or you can access it from the References tab in Microsoft Word.
Install the Google Docs Add-on
1. Open a blank document and select Add-ons, Get Add-ons and search for RefWorks. Once you find it, click on the free button to add it.
2. Accept the conditions to install the add-on
Using the Google Docs Add-on
1.Start writing and when you are ready to insert your first citation, select “Add-ons”, “ProQuest RefWorks”, “Manage Citations” - asked to log in to your RefWorks account.
2. Once you log in, the right-hand pane will change, defaulting to your RefWorks “All references” view.
3. Choose the collection with the references you need for your paper OR use the “search” option to search for specific references.
4. Start writing your paper. When you are ready to cite a reference, click on the citation and click the “cite this” button.
5. Continue to add citations and watch your bibliography update right in front of you.
Rutgers is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers websites to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback form.