Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- ARTstorOver two million images with citations in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Search or browse over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
Covers five main subject areas: Radio, Television, Transportation, Beauty and Hygiene, and World War II. A project of the Digital Scriptorium,
Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library, Duke University.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920
- Over 9,000 images relating to the early history of advertising in
the U.S. From collections in the John W. Hartman Center for Sales,
Marketing History at Duke University. Site also includes an advertising
- AdViewsThousands of television commercials from the 1950s to the 1980s.
- The Advertising ArchivesDatabase of over 100,000 searchable images. You can also browse by category
- Life Photo Archives Not just ads, but you can find them if you add "source:life" to any Google image search and search only the LIFE photo archive. The "Search LIFE images" box at the site itself does not seem to work.
Bettmann ArchiveMore than 11 million stock photography images. You can search by "advertisement" and your subject. For example, "advertisement train," or "advertisement japan* war."
- The Living Room Candidate Presidential Campaign Commercials 1952-2012.
- Early Television Commercials. From the Internet Archive.
- Classic TV Commercials.Another collection from the Internet Archive.
- Digital Schomburg: Images of African Americans from the 19th Century
- Search or browse a rich collection of images taken from the
collections of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture at the
New York Public Library.
- The Library of Virginia: Portsmouth Photos
- Includes the Lee F. Rodgers collection of approximately 1,600 photographs primarily of African American subjects.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies