Skip to main content
Looking for a full-length biography of someone? Search The Catalog using the person's name (last name, first name) as your search term and select "SUBJECT Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
If you're looking for works for which that person is responsible for most of the content (an autobiography; photographs; news reports; etc.) search as above, but now select "AUTHOR Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
- Current Biography
- More than 15,000 full text biographies and more than 9,400 obituaries from 1940 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Biographical Databases
- "This page lists databases or static web sites produced by state government or their political subdivisions that provide biographical sketches of authors, state officials, famous state residents, etc."
- Encyclopedia of World Biography. 2nd edition. Detroit, Gale, 2004. 23 volumes.
- Articles with bibliographies on notable individuals from all parts of the world and all time periods. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Supplements: Vol. 25; Vol. 26; Vol. 27.
- Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives, Thematic Series: The 1960s
- William L. O'Neill and Kenneth T. Jackson, eds. New York, Charles Scribner's Sons, 2003. 2 vols. Rutgers-restricted Access
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies