Provides citations and abstracts of journal articles, books, essays, exhibition catalogs, PhD dissertations, and reviews on all forms of modern and contemporary art.
How to use the ARTbibliographies Modern Index:
To get started:
1) A quick search screen will appear. Perhaps the simplest way to get started is to search by keyword(s). Enter keywords that describe your topic- these keywords are your search terms, for example, "Picasso and African art." Keep in mind that too many search terms may produce few or no results, while too few search terms may produce too many results. You may have to try a range of search terms before finding those that work best for you.
2) Search results are returned in the following format:
Periodical Title, Volume/Issue, Date, Pages
3) Beneath the Article Abstract, you will see "View Record," and "Search for Article." Click on "View Record" to see a complete citation for the article, including a full abstract.
4) Clicking on "Search for Article" begins a search in IRIS, the catalog of the Rutgers University Libraries, for the Periodical Title listed in the citation. This will take you to a Rutgers University Libraries page that lists search criteria and lists links to full- text electronic access for the journal or article, if it is available.
5) To check for print holdings, click on "Search the Library's Catalog by ISSN." A full record for the source, including electronic and print holdings, will appear.
6) If the article is not available electronically but Rutgers holds it in print you may request free electronic delivery of the article through Rutgers Article Delivery Services. If "Sorry, no holdings were found for this journal" appears, you may wish to consider ordering an interlibrary loan for the resource.
7) To send yourself citations from ARTBibliographies Modern, place a check in the box that says "mark" next to the results of interest to you. Then, on the next screen, under "Save, Print, Email," enter your email address, and click "Email." Citation results will be sent to you.
8) I'm here to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact me, Sara Harrington, Art Librarian, at email@example.com or 732/932-7739