Skip to main content
Print & Online Resources
Annual Statement Studies from the Risk Management Association (formerly Robert Morris Associates). (DANA Reference desk} Gives current and historical ratios for manufacturing, wholesale, retail, and selected service industries. Includes a bibliography of ratio sources for particular industries. NEW - Selected tables are now available within IBISWorld which provides reports for all of the 723 industries in the United States as categorized by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) (Rutgers-restricted access)
Other sources include:
- Troy's Almanac of Business and Industrial Financial Ratios. (DANA, CARR REF HF 5681 .R25 T68) Ratios, grouped by asset size, are listed for industries and product lines, by NAICS code from the 2002 Edition onwwards. CD-ROM available.
- Standard & Poor's Analyst's Handbook: Composite Corporate Per Share Data by Industries. (DANA REF HG 4519 .S882) Provides selected income statement items and ratios in relation to S&P stock price indexes. Up to thirty years of annual data are given for each industry.
- Financial Studies of the Small Business. (DANA REF HD 2346 .U5 F55A) Gives nineteen ratios for small businesses with assets under $1,000,000. Arranged in groups by asset size and business category.
- D&B's Industry Norms and Key Business Ratios. (CAMDEN, CARR REF HF 5681 .R25 I525; DANA Reference desk} Provides key ratios (at median, upper, and lower quartiles) for industries arranged by SIC number.
- Concentration Ratios by industry sectors, from the Economic Censuses.
- QFR - Quarterly Financial Report for Manufacturing, Mining and Trade Corporations. (ALEXANDER U.S. DOCS; DANA Periodicals) Presents estimated statements of income and retained earnings, balance sheets, and related financial and operating ratios.
- Selected Industry Statistics and Financial Ratios are available for sole proprietorships, S-corporations, and corporations from BizStats.