Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Black Drama: 1850 to the Present
- "The full text of 1,200 plays written from the mid-1800s to the present by 201 playwrights from North America, English-speaking Africa, the Caribbean, and other African diaspora countries." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Black Thought and Culture
- The full text of approximately 100,000 pages of non-fiction writing by leading figures in African American life and culture. Includes books, articles and essays, speeches, interviews, pamphlets and correspondence. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Literature Online (LION)
- The full text of over 350,000 English-language literary works, including literary work in various genres from African Americans. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Rutgers Library Catalog (QuickSearch)
- Search all Rutgers Libraries (except the Law Libraries) for books, videos, media, and other materials.
- Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the experiences of peoples of African descent throughout the world." The Schomburg Center contains over 5,000,000 items. [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center" from the pull-down menu on the right.]
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies