Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Some Relevant Subject Searches
Films and Documentaries
- Swank Digital Campus
- Digital access to feature films and documentaries that Rutgers instructors are using in their courses this year. Content will change from semester to semester. Titles currently available include:
- Black Panther
- Coming to America
- A broad selection of streaming documentaries, independent and foreign films, classics, and feature films.
- Academic Video Online
- More than 50,000 streaming videos with transcripts on issues worldwide. Includes documentaries, news reels, oral histories, speeches, and interviews.
The Rutgers Libraries also have individual titles available for streaming:
- La Ultima Cena/The Last Supper
- 1976. Rutgers-restricted access
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library, you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record for the book in the Catalog, logging in with your NetID, and clicking on the Request button.
- Rutgers Library Catalog (QuickSearch)
- Search all Rutgers Libraries (except the Law Libraries) for books, videos, media, microforms, and other materials.
- Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the experiences of peoples of African descent throughout the world." The Schomburg Center contains over 5,000,000 items. [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center" from the pull-down menu on the right.]
- Dictionary of African Filmmakers
- Roy Armes. Bloomington, Indiana University Press, 2008. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of African Literature
- Simon Gikandi. New York, Routledge, 2003.Almost 700 entries on individuals, major literary movements, regional literary traditions, literary genres, themes, and publishing institutions. Entries include lists for further reading. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Student Encyclopedia of African Literature
- G.D. Killam and Alicia L. Kerfoot. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2008.
- About 600 entries on writers, genres, and major works. Rutgers-restricted Access
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies