Skip to main content
The View From the White House
The Trump Agenda
The Trump Administration's position on the social and political issues facing the U.S
2016 Green Book. Biennial publication of data as well as the history and description of the social and economic programs including Social Security, employment, welfare, child support, the elderly, and families with children, under the jurisdiction of the House Committee on Ways and Means.
The Urban Institute
Assessing the New Federalism
For over a decade this Urban Institute policy center tracked "how children and families are faring and how program structure, financing, and administration are changing as the federal government transfers authority for health and social welfare programs to states." The ANF project has changed focus to become Low Income Working Families project, with a new emphasize on "the private and public sector context for families' success or failure." You can browse reports by issues, sectors, places, or affected populations.
What Are The Current Issues?
- Social Work Speaks: National Association of Social Workers Policy Statements: 2012-2014.
- 9th edition. Washington, D.C., 2012.
- 64 policy statements designed to guide policy advocacy and legal action. Each statement includes background information, a statement of issues, the policy statement, its legislative history, and a list of references.
- NASW Advocacy.
- National Association of Social Workers key current legislative issues and positions.
- Encyclopedia of Social Work
- New York, National Association of Social Workers and Oxford University Press.
- Almost always a good place to begin your research. Over 700 lengthy signed articles with bibliographies on topics felt to be of particular relevance to social work; 200 brief biographies of key figures in the history of social work; and links to related social work resources. Many articles include a historical overview. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of Social Welfare History in North America.
- John M. Herrick and Paul H. Stuart (eds.). Thousand Oakes, California: Sage Publications, 2005.
- 180 essays, most signed, on the people, topics, and organizations that were important to the development of social welfare policies, services, and institutions in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Almanac of Policy Issues
- Background information, archived documents, and links on major U.S. public policy issues.
- Public Agenda Online
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit public opinion research and citizen education organization, Public Agenda offers background information, in-depth analyses and opinion studies on a variety of public policy issues.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies