Skip to main content
Some Relevant Titles
- Building the World: An Encyclopedia of the Great Engineering Projects in History
- Frank Paul Davidson and Kathleen Lusk-Brooke. 2 vols. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press, 2006.
- Documents 41 major building projects starting with Solomon's Temple in Israel, and including the Suez Canal, the Panama Canal, the founding of Brasilia, the Aswan Dam, and the Itaipu Hydroelectric Power Project. Sample Chapter Available at NJIT? Available at Rutgers?
- The Helmand Valley Project in Afghanistan
- Cyntia Clapp-Wincek and Emily Baldwin. U.S. Agency for International Development (AID), December 1983.
Some Relevant Subject Searches
- Rutgers Library Catalog (QuickSearch)
- Search all Rutgers Libraries--excluding Law--for books, videos, media, microforms, and other materials.
- NJIT Search
- Resources at the Robert W. Van Houten Library at the New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Union catalog of over 420 million bibliographic records for titles owned by U.S. and other libraries. Go to "Advanced Search" to search by the same subject terms that you are using in the Rutgers catalog. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Academic Video Online
- More than 50,000 streaming videos with transcripts on issues worldwide. Includes documentaries, news reels, oral histories, speeches, and interviews. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- A broad selection of streaming documentaries, independent and foreign films, classics, and feature films. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library, you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record for the book in the Catalog, logging in with your NetID, and clicking on the Request link.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow or UBorrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies