Skip to main content
Looking for Stuff About/By a Specific Person?
Looking for a full-length biography of someone? Search The Catalog using the person's name (last name, first name) as your search term and select "SUBJECT Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
If you're looking for works for which that person is responsible for most of the content (an autobiography; photographs; news reports; etc.) search as above, but now select "AUTHOR Begins with" from the pull-down menu. For example:
hearst william randolph
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library, you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record for the book in the Catalog, logging in with your NetID, and clicking on the Request button.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
Rutgers Library Catalog (QuickSearch)
- Rutgers Law Library (Newark & Camden) Catalog
- Rutgers Law library materials are not listed in the Rutgers Catalog so make sure you check here as well!
- The New York Public Library
- One of the great research libraries of the world with some 45 million items
in its collections. The catalog includes materials from the Schomburg
Center for Research in Black Culture, as well as the New York Public
Library for the Performing Arts (Lincoln Center).
- Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to
collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting
the experiences of peoples of African descent throughout the world."
The Schomburg Center contains over 5,000,000 items held in five
divisions: Art and Artifacts Division, General Research and Reference
Division, Manuscripts, Archives and Rare Books Division, Moving Image
and Recorded Sound Division, and Photographs and Prints Division. [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center"
from the pull-down menu on the right.] The Schomburg is in the process of making many of its resources available in the NYPL Digital Gallery.
- Brooklyn Public Library
- The Library Catalog includes more than 10,000 photographs from the Library's
- New York City Department of Records and Information Services
- Includes the Municipal Archives--which includes office records,
manuscript materials, still and moveing images, ledger volumes, vital
records, maps, blueprings, and sound recordings accessioned from more
than 100 city agencies; The City Hall Library-the statutory depository
for all official reports and studies published by New York City
government agencies--and the Municipal Records Management Division.
- South Street Seaport Museum Library
- A reference library of 20,000 volumes plus prints, photographs, and manuscripts pertaining to the history Port of New York City. Due to a major inventory project, on-site access to library collections is highly restricted. See Researching in the South Street Seaport Museum
- Center for Research Libraries
- CRL is consortium of North American university and independent research libraries that acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents,
foreign dissertations, archives, and other expensive or hard to find materials. As Rutgers is a CRL member, these materials are considered part of Rutgers' collections and can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan. In addition to
the materials listed in their catalog, CRL also supports and provides access to special collections such as ethnic and African-American newspapers.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies