Skip to main content
Media and Media History: Some Basic Resources
- The Encyclopedia of War Journalism, 1807-2015.
- Mitchel P. Roth. 3rd edition. Amenia, N.Y., Grey House Publishing, 2015. Available?
- The Encyclopedia of American Journalism
- Stephen L. Vaughn, editor. New York, Routledge, 2008.
- 405 articles ranging from 500 to 5000 words. Entries cover seven major themes: Associations and Organization; Historical Overview and Practice; individuals; Journalism in American History; Laws, Acts, and Legislation; Print, Broadcast; Newsgroups, and Corporations; and Technologies. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Encyclopedia of Television
- "More than 1,000 original essays... [on] specific programs and people, historic moments and trends, major policy disputes and such topics as violence, tabloid television and the quiz show scandal."
- Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War: A Political, Social, and Military History
- Spencer C. Tucker, editor. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO, 1998.
- More than 900 signed entries, most with brief bibliographies. Considers all aspects of the war in historical context, including Vietnam-related literature and film. Extensive collection of historical documents (1920-1995). Rutgers-restricted Access
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies