Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Create & Link My NCBI & eRA Commons Accounts
Effective July 23, 2013, PIs and PD's must use My NCBI's "My Bibliography" tool to manage their bibliographies. If you do not have an NCBI Account, you need to create one by following the steps below:
- Click "Log In" in the upper right corner of the New PubMed and then sign up for an account. Note: If you have never used NCBI, you are strongly recommended to log in to NCBI either via NIH Login or your eRA Commons account. Signing in through one of the Partner Organizations will automatically sync with your NCBI Account.
If you already have a My NCBI Account, you need to link your account to your eRA Commons account. Here is how you can link the two accounts:
- Log in to NCBI in the upper right corner of PubMed (pubmed.gov).
- Once you logged in your NCBI, click on your username right to in the upper right corner (right to My NCBI).
- Then click on the "Change" button for "Linked Accounts" under NCBI account settings.
If you receive an error message when trying to link accounts you may have linked too many accounts already! You will need to contact NCBI directly to have them manually link your eRA Commons account with your current My NCBI account.
- NCBI Contact info:
- Email: email@example.com. Include in your email the following:
- MyNCBI username
- eRA Commons username (Note: you do not need to send any passwords)
- Email address
What Is NCBI?
- NCBI stands for the National Center for Biotechnology Information, providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
What Is My NCBI?
- My NCBI is a free toolbox for scientists & researchers in NCBI. Its tools include My Bibliography, SciENcv, and others. It saves searches and search results from PubMed and other NCBI databases. It also enables automatic updates and emailing search results from saved search strategies. For more information on My NCBI, please visit My NCBI Help <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK3842/>.
- My Bibliography is a reference tool in My NCBI. This tool allows users to save references directly from PubMed or many add references. Researchers can use My Bibliography to manage compliance with NIH Public Access Policy and to insert selected publications in a new NIH biosketch in SciENcv. When it is made accessible to the public, a link to My Bibliography can be included in a new NIH biosketch.
- My Bibliography FAQ
- SciENcv stands for Science Expert Network Curriculum Vitae.
- Researchers can use this tool to create a new NIH biosketch.
- Save searches & e-mail alerts.
- Add delegates to help manage My Bibliography and SciENcv.
- Link eRA Commons and/or ORCiD with My NCBI.
Using My Bibliography to Manage NIH PAP Comliance
Login access is located at the upper right corner of the PubMed screen: http://pubmed.gov/.
Using My Bibliography's Award View to manage NIH PAP Compliance
Health Sciences Research Services Librarian; ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0757-1837