Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Since September 2016 RUL added over 130,000 e-books to the collection. Search the Ebrary Academic Complete for the recently added e-book collection.
Searching the Library Catalog (books and media)
Look for a book:
- Start off searching the Library Catalog with a keyword search; type in a general word or two that best describes your topic.
- Browse the results list to see if there is a title that looks relevant. If there are none, try your search again with some more specific terms.
- If you find a relevant book, click on the title to see the full Library Catalog record. Write down the subject headings associated with the book.
- Continue to browse the results list, and write down any related subject headings for relevant books.
Narrow it down:
- Take the relavant subject headings you wrote down, and search by selecting "subject" from the drop-down bar next to the Library Catalog search box.
- Try to mix and match some of the subject headings to find a wide variety of relevant books.
- If you are having problems finding any relevant results, make a list of synonyms or similar phrases to your topic and try searching each of them.
Is the book checked out?
If a book you would like is checked out, you can search E-Z Borrow and request it from another library. It can take 3-5 days for the book to arrive.
You can also request the book via uborrow (the books will come from one of the Big Ten member libraries).