Skip to main content
Since September 2016 RUL added over 130,000 e-books to the collection. Search the Ebrary Academic Complete for the recently added e-book collection.
Searching the Library Catalog (books and media)
Look for a book:
- Start off searching the Library Catalog with a keyword search; type in a general word or two that best describes your topic.
- Browse the results list to see if there is a title that looks relevant. If there are none, try your search again with some more specific terms.
- If you find a relevant book, click on the title to see the full Library Catalog record. Write down the subject headings associated with the book.
- Continue to browse the results list, and write down any related subject headings for relevant books.
Narrow it down:
- Take the relavant subject headings you wrote down, and search by selecting "subject" from the drop-down bar next to the Library Catalog search box.
- Try to mix and match some of the subject headings to find a wide variety of relevant books.
- If you are having problems finding any relevant results, make a list of synonyms or similar phrases to your topic and try searching each of them.
Is the book checked out?
If a book you would like is checked out, you can search E-Z Borrow and request it from another library. It can take 3-5 days for the book to arrive.
You can also request the book via uborrow (the books will come from one of the Big Ten member libraries).