Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to Information as a Rutgers Student
Rutgers University Libraries
Rutgers students, faculty, and staff have access to all Rutgers University Libraries resources - approximately 5 million volumes, 4.5 million microforms, 300+ indexes/databases, and more!
Get any article, from anywhere - including at Rutgers! Request it and it will be scanned and delivered online.
E-ZBorrow & Uborrow
Want a book that's not at Rutgers? Try E-ZBorrow for fast delivery from a Pennsylvania or nearby academic library. If not in E-ZBorrow either, try UBorrow for delivery from a Big Ten library.
For those really hard to locate items, request it via interlibary loan and Rutgers University Libraries will look for one of its partner libraries to loan it.
Cooperative Access Arrangements
This page lists over a dozen cooperative access arrangements with other libraries - Foundations, Universities, etc.
Open Access (OA)
- “Gold” OA journals
- Hybrid journals
- some articles are freely available, others are for-fee
- “Green” OA repositories
- all content is free and can include pre-prints and/or post-prints
- may be embargoes to access
- Rutgers's institutional repository: RUcore
- SOAR (Scholarly Open Access at Rutgers) is where Rutgers, faculty and graduate students are now required to submit their Accepted Manuscripts (AM) if posting the Version of Record is not possible
- Disciplinary repositories: arXiv, PubMed Central, and more!