Skip to main content
PolicyMap allows you to download and map data relating to demographics, housing, income, crime, mortgages, health, jobs, manufacturing, supermarket access, and more. Includes data sets from over 150 public and proprietary sources
City of Newark Open Data
- City of Newark Open Data
- Open portal for depositing data relating to Newark. Everything from abandoned properties, absenteeism and graduation rates, Newark building footprints, and census tract job data to GPS snow plow locations, 4311 (non-emergency service) calls by neighborhood, turnstile data, and ward maps.
Jersey City Open Data
- Jersey City Open Data
- Data sets relating to Jersey City housing, properties, business & economics, public safety, transportation, environment, infrastructure, community, recreation & arts, health, and housing.
New Jersey Open Data Portal
Data-Planet Statistical Datasets. Access to data from more than 70 organizational sources. Most data series focus on recent years and a few prior decades, although some data series extend back to the 19th century. Rutgers-restricted Access
Crime and Justice
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
- The most comprehensive compilation of data on all aspects of U.S. criminal justice. Most tables are reproduced exactly as they appeared in the original source, however, when possible latest data are combined with earlier data to show trends.
- UCR [Uniform Crime Reports] Data Online
- One of the two national measures of U.S. crime, the UCR is based on specific offenses reported to law enforcement agencies. This database lets you generate trends by state since 1960 and by local agency (usually a municipality) since 1985.
- Fatal Force
- The Washington Postdatabase of every fatal shooting in the United States by a police officer in the line of duty since Jan. 1, 2015, including location, race of the deceased, the circumstances of the shooting, whether the person was armed and whether the person was experiencing a mental-health crisis.
- Federal Sentencing Statistics
- Annual reports comparing federal sentencing statistics for each judicial district, judicial circuit, and state to the nation as a whole.
- What's in the Food You Eat Search Tool
- Nutrient profiles for 13,000 foods commonly eaten in the U.S. From the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Food Environment Atlas
- From the Economic Research Service of the USDA. Currently includes 168 indicators of the food environment in 3 categories: Food Choices—Indicators of the community's access to and acquisition of healthy, affordable food; Health and Well-Being—Indicators of the community’s success in maintaining healthy diets; and Community Characteristics—Indicators of community characteristics that might influence the food environment.
Use the New Jersey State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) database to generate health statistics tables for New Jersey cities.
- NJ Behavioral Risk Factor Survey Data Query.
- Create customized tables of NJBRFS prevalence estimates for selected risk factors stratified by age, sex, race/ethnicity, nativity, marital status, education, employment status, and geographic area of residence (NJ counties, Newark, and Jersey City).
- New Jersey Chartbook of Substance Abuse Related Social Indicators: Essex County May, 2013.
- Substance abuse related social and health indicators. Includes municipal data.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning in New Jersey
- Annual Report. Chapter 3 generally focuses on Newark, which continues to have the highest lead levels in children in the state.
, Course Guides (Newark)
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies