Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Films and Documentaries
- Swank Digital Campus
- Digital access to feature films and documentaries that Rutgers instructors are using in their courses this year. Content will change from semester to semester. Rutgers-restricted Access
- A broad selection of streaming documentaries, independent and foreign films, classics, and feature films. Rutgers-restricted Access
- American History in Video
- Digitized documentaries, newsreel films, and archival footage. Rutgers-restricted Access
Need a book not at Dana?
If a book that you need is not available (not owned/checked out) at the Dana Library, but is available from another Rutgers Library, you can request delivery of that book to Dana by bringing up the record for the book in the Catalog, logging in with your NetID, and clicking on the Request button.
Book not at Rutgers?
The fastest way to get a copy of a book that is not owned or not available (checked out/on Reserve/missing etc.) at
the Rutgers Libraries is to request it through E-Z Borrow. E-Z Borrow books are normally received within about five working days.
If a book is not owned by the Rutgers Libraries and is not available via E-Z Borrow, you can place an Interlibrary Loan request.
- Catalog of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Catalog of the New York Public research library "devoted to collecting, preserving and providing access to resources documenting the experiences of peoples of African descent throughout the world." The Schomburg Center contains over 5,000,000 items. [Note: When beginning a search session, select "Schomburg Center" from the pull-down menu on the right.] The Schomburg is in the process of making many of its resources available in the NYPL Digital Gallery.
- Ohio History Connection
- Search or browse across a variety of collections of the Ohio History Connection. The Connection houses the state historic preservation office, the official state archives, the local history office and manages more than 50 sites and museums across Ohio. Includes research guides, as well as a number of searchable online collections, including The African-American Experience in Ohio, 1850-1920, and Ohio's Digitized Newspapers
- Center for Research Libraries
- CRL is consortium of North American university and independent research libraries that acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents, foreign dissertations, archives, and other expensive or hard to find materials. As Rutgers is a CRL member, these materials are considered part of Rutgers' collections and can be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan. In addition to the materials listed in their catalog, CRL also supports and provides access to special collections such as ethnic and African-American newspapers.
- Search a bibliographic union catalog of the collections of some 72,000 libraries. Primarily U.S. libraries, but also includes European libraries.
- Directory of New Jersey Libraries
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies