There are several ways to seek help from a librarian:
When attempting to access Rutgers-restricted sources off-campus, you will be prompted to LOGIN with your NetID and password.
Please see the boxes below for databases in which you may search for literary criticism, as well as for topics related to English literature.
Literature Resource Center (LRC) is a full-text database covering more than 124,000 authors. In addition to critical analysis of authors and their works, biographies and bibliographies are also included.
(Advanced) Search Tips:
1) Consider searching by "Name of Work":
· Year of Magical Thinking
· On Keeping a Notebook
2) Consider searching by "Person - By or About":
· Joan Didion
3) Note that you can also combine different terms using the Advanced Search option, such as:
· Year of Magical Thinking (Name of Work) AND Joan Didion (Person-By or About)
MLA International Bibliography includes 2 million citations drawn from 4,400 journals and series and 1,000 book publishers. It covers criticism and scholarship on literature from around the world.
Depending on your topic, you may find searching by the following to be helpful:
· SU: "Didion, Joan"
· TX: Didion AND "Year of Magical Thinking"
· TX: Didion AND "Goodbye to All That"
· SU: "Didion, Joan" AND politic*
· "essay genre"
· SU: ("literary journalism" OR "new journalism") AND TX: (history OR develop* OR origin OR evolution)
· TX: Didion AND TX: (grief OR loss OR bereave* OR mourn*)
· TX: Didion AND TX: "Blue Nights"
· TX: Didion AND TX: (place OR California OR "New York")
This guide is copyright-protected, but you are welcome to reuse it as per the license below (click for more details):
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, an equal access/equal opportunity institution. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to direct suggestions, comments, or complaints concerning any accessibility issues with Rutgers web sites to: email@example.com or complete the Report Accessibility Barrier / Provide Feedback Form.