Skip to main content
History in Dispute
- Water and the Environment Since 1945: Global Perspectives
- Char Miller, Mark Cioc, and Kate Showers, eds. History in Dispute 7. Detroit, St. James Press, 2001. The History in Dispute series "Addresses heavily debated questions by offering different critical perspectives on major historical events..." Rutgers-restricted Access
The Environmental Movement
- A Companion to American Environmental History
- Douglas Cazaux Sackman. Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. "Collection of over 30 essays that examine the evolving and diverse field of American environmental history." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Counterculture Green: The Whole Earth Catalog and American Environmentalism.
- Andrew G. Kirk. Lawrence, Kan., University Press of Kansas, 2007.
- Not in Our Backyard: The People and Events that Shaped America's Modern Environmental Movement.
- Marc Mowrey and Tim Redmond. New York, W. Morrow, 1993.
- Documerica: Historical Photos and Images
- Images from the EPA's Documerica Project (1971-77). The project was initiated to record the state of the environment and efforts to improve it.
- Earth Day: Articles and Press Releases
- From the EPA History site.
- Love Canal Collections
- "An introduction to the history and background of the events that occured at Love Canal. Includes two chronologies of events, scanned documents of the Ecumenical Task Force, database of Love Canal articles, and a glossary of definitions for individuals, organizations, businesses, government agencies, chemical waste dump sites, and major issues relating to the Love Canal and other local environmental disaster areas." From the University at Buffalo Special Collections.
- Love Canal Revisited: Race, Class, and Gender in Environmental Activism.
- Elizabeth D. Blum. Lawrence, Kan., University Press of Kansas, 2008.
- The Three Mile Island Emergency: Resource Center
- "An extensive collection of documents of the accident, including: transcripts and audio recordings of interviews collected at the time, government and industry documents not readily available in other places, photographs and newspaper coverage." From Dickenson College.
- Three Mile Island Sourcebook: Annotations of a Disaster.
- Philip Starr and William Pearman. New York, Garland Pub., 1983.
- Chronology and annotated bibliography.
- TMI 24 Years Later: The Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Plant Accident and its Impact.
- Bonnie A. Osif, Anthony J. Baratta, and Thomas W. Conkling. University Park, Pa., Pennsylvania State University Press, 2004.
- After the Storm: Black Intellectuals Explore the Meaning of Hurricane Katrina.
- David Dante Troutt. New York, New Press, 2006.
- Hurricane Sandy Oral History Project
- From the College of New Jersey
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies