Skip to main content
Want to Know What Else We Have?
Gay Rights Movement
- The Gay Rights Movement:1951-1975: Mattachine Society of New York, Inc.
- Woodbridge, Conn., Research Publications, 1998.
- 24 microfilm reels; archives of the Mattachine Society of New York. Index to the microfilm collection
- Alexander Call Number: M-FILM 2789
- The Gay Rights Movement [1970-1983]: Gay Activists Alliance: From the International Gay Information Center, the New York Public Library.
- Woodbridge, Conn., Research Publications, 1998. 21 microfilm reels. Available?
- Witness to Revolution: The Advocate Reports on Gay and Lesbian Politics, 1967-1999.
- Chris Bull, editor. Los Angeles, Calif., Alyson Books, 1999. Available?
- Making History: The Struggle for Gay and Lesbian Equal Rights, 1945-1990: An Oral History
- Eric Marcus. New York, N.Y., HarperCollins, 1992. Available?
- Stonewall Uprising [DVD]. 2010.
- "Explores the dramatic event that launched a worldwide rights movement. When police raided a Mafia-run gay bar in Greenwich Village, the Stonewall Inn on June 28, 1969, gay men and women did something they had not done before: they fought back. As the streets of New York erupted into violent protests and street demonstrations, the collective anger announced that the gay rights movement had arrived." Available?
- "Homo Nest Raided, Queen Bees Are Stinging Mad,"
- New York Daily News July 6, 1969
To find other materials on the Stonewall riots, seach the Library Catalog with the subject words
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies