Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Want to Know What Else We Have?
Gay Rights Movement
- The Gay Rights Movement:1951-1975: Mattachine Society of New York, Inc.
- Woodbridge, Conn., Research Publications, 1998.
- 24 microfilm reels; archives of the Mattachine Society of New York. Index to the microfilm collection
- Alexander Call Number: M-FILM 2789
- The Gay Rights Movement [1970-1983]: Gay Activists Alliance: From the International Gay Information Center, the New York Public Library.
- Woodbridge, Conn., Research Publications, 1998. 21 microfilm reels. Available?
- Witness to Revolution: The Advocate Reports on Gay and Lesbian Politics, 1967-1999.
- Chris Bull, editor. Los Angeles, Calif., Alyson Books, 1999. Available?
- Making History: The Struggle for Gay and Lesbian Equal Rights, 1945-1990: An Oral History
- Eric Marcus. New York, N.Y., HarperCollins, 1992. Available?
- Stonewall Uprising [DVD]. 2010.
- "Explores the dramatic event that launched a worldwide rights movement. When police raided a Mafia-run gay bar in Greenwich Village, the Stonewall Inn on June 28, 1969, gay men and women did something they had not done before: they fought back. As the streets of New York erupted into violent protests and street demonstrations, the collective anger announced that the gay rights movement had arrived." Available?
- "Homo Nest Raided, Queen Bees Are Stinging Mad,"
- New York Daily News July 6, 1969
To find other materials on the Stonewall riots, seach the Library Catalog with the subject words
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies