Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Jersey Municipalities
The New Jersey Municipal Data Book. Montclair, N.J., New Jersey Associates, 1981- Annual
One page summaries [sample] of the population, government, finances, schools, and other characterisitics of each of New Jersey's towns and cities. Available?
"DataUniverse is your portal to public government data. We have assembled links to property records and taxes, government payrolls, school performance report cards, crime reports and conviction records, and much more. " Primarily New Jersey information. From the Asbury Park Press.
New Jersey State Data Center
State Data Center Data compiled by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
- The basic databook for U.S. national-level statistics.
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets
- Access to data from more than 70 organizational sources. Most data series focus on recent years and a few prior decades, although some data series extend back to the 19th century. Rutgers-restricted Access
- American FactFinder
- Select query elements to create maps and view data tables based on the 2010 Census, Census 2000, the 1990 Census, the American Community Survey, and the Economic Census.
Crime and Law Enforcement
- Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics Database
- Data for city and county statistics from 1985 through the most recent year available. Includes city jurisdictions with populations of 10,000 or more and county agencies of 25,000 or more. Includes statistics for violent crime (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) and property crime (burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft).
- School District Demographics
- 2010 Census, Census 2000 and Census 1990 demographic data about children and their living environment, by school district, as well as demographic data from the American Community Surveys. Includes database which allows you to either generate tables for a single school district, or compare your district to another school district.
- Census of Governments: 2014 Public Education Finances
- Revenues, expenditures, debt, and assets of elementary and secondary public school systems. Site includes downloadable tables
- TranStats: The Intermodal Transportation Database
Index to "over 100 transportation-related data bases across every mode of transportation - with many social and demographic data sets that are commonly used in transportation analysis." From the Department of Transportation's Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS).
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies