Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Ethnic Press
Full text collection of articles from newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press from 1960 to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the
complete list of Rutgers online indexes and databases.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
To find out how, take a look at this very short video.
Sociology, Anthropology and Related Areas
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts, Proquest Criminal Justice, International Bibliography of the Social Sciences, PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts. and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Anthropology Plus
- Worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works, and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies. Nineteenth century to the present. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Family and Society Studies Worldwide
- 1970- . Index to literature on the family and family-related subjects, including articles, books, book chapters, websites, conference papers, government reports, and working papers. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociological Abstracts 1963-
- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access. [Note: Included in Social Sciences Premium Collection above.]
- PsycINFO 1840-
- Comprehensive index to the the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, and education. Covers some 2000 journals, as well as book chapters and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Criminal Justice Abstracts
- Comprehensive index to journals, books, government publications, dissertations, and reports relating to criminal justice, criminology, and related disciplines from 1968 to the present. Until very recently, this index was based on materials found in the Criminal Justice Collection located in the Rutgers Center for Law and Justice in Newark, and remains the most complete catalog for that collection. Rutgers-restricted Access
Political Science, Public Policy and International Affairs
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. Rutgers-restricted Access [Note: Included in Social Sciences Premium Collection above.]
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. Rutgers-restricted Access [Note: Included in Social Sciences Premium Collection above.]
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
- 1991- Database of full-text working papers, research reports, conference proceedings, policy briefs, and journal articles relating to international affairs. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies