Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a selected list of databases that you may find useful for finding articles on your topic. You can also check out the complete list of Rutgers online Indexes and Databases.
- Index to Military Periodicals
- 1984- .Index to articles, news items, and editorials published in English language military periodicals. Earlier years (1949- ) covered by the Air University Library Index to Military Periodicals. Available?
- Military Publications
- "This guide provides links to journals and publications largely produced by the military, not those commercially produced or indexed by private sources." Prepared by the Dudley Knox Library.
Full Text Not Attached?
Not all databases have all the articles they cite available in full text. Use the button that's in the database article record to have the system search Rutgers subscriptions for the full-text article.
Article Not Available/Only Available in Print?
If the Rutgers Libraries don't have the article (don't subscribe to the journal/don't have that issue), or only have a copy in print format, you can use Interlibrary Loan and Article Delivery Services to request electronic delivery of the article.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Full-text coverage of more than 280 titles plus citation coverage for many more. Many major journals searchable back to early 1900s. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
- A comprehensive bibliographic database covering all types of writing, including industry papers, news journalism, and scholarly academic journals on topics for film and television. Includes full-text for more than 100 journals and 100 books, including Variety film reviews from 1914 to the present, as well as more than 36,000 images from the MPTV Image Archive. Primary coverage 1990 to the present; selective coverage earlier. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Periodicals Index Online/Archive Online
- International Index to over 5000 journals ranging from the 18th century to 1995. Includes a growing archive of full-image articles and links to JSTOR collections where available.
- Rutgers-restricted Access
- Hispanic-American Periodical Index [HAPI]
- 1970- . The major multidisciplinary periodical index for Latin American Studies. Indexes over 400 scholarly journals published in the U.S. and Latin America. Rutgers-restricted Access
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. Includes the two primary political science/public policy databases, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts and Public Affairs Information Services (PAIS), as well as Proquest Criminal Justice, Proquest Political Science and Sociological Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of more than 2000 important scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted access
- Military & Government Collection
- Military & Government Collection includes news and scholarship related to all branches of the U.S. military and government. It includes academic journals, popular magazines, trade publications, and military publications. All publications are abstracted and indexed, and many are available in full text. Some magazine articles are available for download as full-color PDFs. Rutgers-restricted access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies