Skip to main content
Can't Resist the Urge to Google?
Use the Google search engine to search specifically for scholarly literature including books, peer-reviewed articles, theses, preprints, and technical reports.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Full-text coverage of more than 280 titles plus citation coverage for many more. Many major journals searchable back to early 1900s. Rutgers-restricted Access
- Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text
- A comprehensive bibliographic database covering all types of writing, including industry papers, news journalism, and scholarly academic journals on topics for film and television. Includes full-text for more than 100 journals and 100 books, including Variety film reviews from 1914 to the present, as well as more than 36,000 images from the MPTV Image Archive. Primary coverage 1990 to the present; selective coverage earlier. Rutgers-restricted Access
- ARTbibliographies Modern
- Index to journal articles, books, essays, exhibition catalogs, and dissertations on modern and contemporary art back to the late 19th century, including photography. Rutgers-restricted Access
- America: History and Life
- 1964- . The most comprehensive index to American (U.S. and Canada) history. Indexes over 2000 journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Historical Abstracts
- 1955- . The most comprehensive index to world history (excluding that of the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 2,000 history and history-related journals worldwide, as well as book reviews and dissertations. Rutgers-restricted Access.
- Periodicals Index Online/Archive Online
- Multidisciplinary index to over 5000 journals. Scope ranges from 1770 to 1995. Rutgers-restricted Access
- JSTOR provides electronic access to back runs, many back to the 19th century or earlier, of more than 2000 important scholarly journals in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals; generally the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 3-5 years after the publishing date. Rutgers current access is to ten of the twelve JSTOR Arts and Sciences collections. Rutgers-restricted access
Political Science and Public Policy
- ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection
- Index to over 10,000 social science titles, including journal articles, books, dissertations, proceedings, and government publications; full-text access to over 1800 journals. International and interdisciplinary in scope. Among other databases includes: PAIS International, Proquest Political Science, and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. (Rutgers-restricted Access)
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- 1975- Index to over 1,300 journals in political science, international relations, public policy and related fields. (NOTE: Also included in Proquest Social Sciences Premium Collection above.) Rutgers-restricted Access
- Public Affairs Information Service
- 1915- Index to books, reports, government documents, and journals dealing with political, social, and public policy issues. (NOTE: Also included in Proquest Social Sciences Premium Collection above.)Rutgers-restricted Access
- Sociologial Abstracts
- 1963- Index to approximately 1800 scholarly and professional journals in sociology and related disciplines, as well as to books reviews, books, book chapters, dissertations and conference papers. Rutgers-restricted Access.
Subjects:African American Studies
, American Studies
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies