Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Videos In the Rutgers Libraries
- Videos on Global Regions: Africa
- Guide to DVDs/Videos available in the Media Library in New Brunswick and in the Dana Library Media Collections. Sections on Africa; North Africa; Africa South of the Sahara; and South Africa.
- Movies (fiction) by Region: Africa
- Guide to selected DVDs and Videotapes of feature length films in the Rutgers Libraries.
NOTE: If a video or DVD is owned by Dana, it will be available for viewing in the Dana Media department on the 4th floor. However if it is only owned by the Media Center in New Brunswick, if the "Type Circulate" status is VIDEODVD-Y it can be requested for "Book Delivery." Instructors can also book the item for showing in their classroom by selecting "Media Booking."
Selected Streaming Videos
- Bushmen of the Kalahari
- "The film takes a unique look at the fascinating history, brutal struggles and the daunting challenges the Bushmen face in the 21st century. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- The Long Tears: An Ndebele Story
- "This remarkable film, seen through the eyes of one family, documents five years in the life of a South African tribe, the Ndebele, exploring their extraordinary art, culture and traditions...The Long Tears also traces the history of the Ndebele defeat in war against the Boers over a hundred years ago, and their subsequent enslavement and mistreatment at the hands of the Boer farmers." Rutgers-restricted Access
- "Follow the Sahara's mysterious history from climate and geographical changes to political and religious turmoil from 525 B.C. through the 19th century. " Rutgers-restricted Access
- Swahili Beat
- "The Swahili beat is an upbeat look at the remarkable history of the Swahili people of Kenya and Tanzania's East African coast." Rutgers-restricted Access
- Dark Passages
- "Employes a mixture of interviews, slave narratives, and dramatization. Tells the story of the impact of the Atlantic slave trade. Takes the viewer from the House of Slaves on Goree Island off the coast of Dakar, Senegal, to the village of Juffere on the Gambia River." Rutgers-restricted Access
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies