Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Want to Know What Else We Have?
Some relevant subject searches that you can do in the Catalog include:
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 African Americans
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Conscientious Objectors
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Draft resisters
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Fiction
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Influence Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Literature and the Conflict
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Literature and the War
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Mass media and the War
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Personal narratives
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Public Opinion
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 United States
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Veterans
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Women
The Vietnam War
- Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War: A Political, Social, and Military History
- Spencer C. Tucker, editor. Santa Barbara, Calif., ABC-CLIO, 1998.
- More than 900 signed entries, most with brief bibliographies. Considers all aspects of the war in historical context, including Vietnam-related literature and film. Extensive collection of historical documents (1920-1995). Rutgers-restricted Access
- Vietnam War Bibliography: Oral Histories and Personal Accounts, Americans, Especially Soldiers.
- Compiled by Dr. Edwin Moise (Clemson University). Print resources with online links when available.
Protesting the War
To find relevant books and other materials in the Library Catalog search the subject terms: Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Protest Movements
- Campus Wars: The Peace Movement at American State Universities in the Vietnam Era
- Kenneth J. Heineman. New York, New York University Press, 1993.
- The history of protest movements at four state universities: Michigan State, Penn State, Kent State, and the State University of New York in Buffalo. Available?
- Winter Soldiers: An Oral History of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War.
- Richard Stacewicz. New York, Twayne Publishers, 1997. Available?
- "Doves in a Hawk's Nest: Vietnam and the American Peace Movement: 1965-1975: Part 1"
- Vietnam Generation Journal 4 (3-4), November 1992.
- GIs United Against the War in Vietnam: Statement of Aims.
- Decade of Protest: Political Posters from the United States, Cuba, and Vietnam 1965-1975.
- Exhibit held at Track 16 Gallery, January 19-March 9, 1996.
The War in the Media
To find relevant books and other materials in the Library Catalog search the subject terms:
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Mass Media and the War
Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Press Coverage
- Reporting Vietnam: American Journalism, 1959-1975
- New York, Library of America, 2000. Available?
- Vietnam on Television
- David Hallin. Overview with bibliography. From the Museum of Broadcast Communications.
- Media and the Vietnam War: A Bibliography.
- From the Sixties Project.
, Criminal Justice
, History - Global & Eurasian
, History - North America
, Journalism & Media Studies
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Literatures in English
, New Jerseyana
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Spanish & Portuguese Studies
, Women's & Gender Studies